We have been so in love with this 7 ingredient Peanut Butter and Hemp Bar recipe from the incredibly talented Jade from @panaceas_pantry!
375g (1 jar) smooth, drippy peanut butter
105g (1/2 cup) Virgin coconut oil
75–100g (1/4-1/3 cup) pure maple syrup or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g (1 cup) plant based protein powder – plain or vanilla
85g (1/2 cup) hemp seeds
100g 70-90% dark chocolate, divided
1 Tbsp peanut butter
- Lightly grease and line a small tin with baking paper and set aside. I use a tin that is 25cm square. Ensure there is an overhang of baking paper for easy removal.
- Add coconut oil to a large saucepan with the peanut butter (reserve 1 Tbsp) and maple or honey. If you want the slice less sweet add only 75g (1/4 cup) maple syrup/honey. Heat over a low to medium heat, whisking the entire time to prevent burning the nut butter. Once the mixture is completely liquid tun off the heat.
- Add vanilla, protein powder and hemp seeds and combine until completely uniform and smooth- I find a large wooden spoon works best for this.
- Roughly chop your dark chocolate and add half to the Peanut butter hemp protein bars and fold through. Pour the Peanut butter hemp protein bar batter into your lined tray. It will be thick and heavy, so use a spoon to spread it around into an even bar. Set aside.
- Add the remaining dark chocolate and reserved peanut butter to a heat proof bowl. Set 2cm water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the heatproof bowl to the saucepan- it should sit on the rim of the saucepan and not touch the water. Reduce heat to a simmer and gently melt. Pour melted chocolate over etc base and spread evenly.
- Place Peanut butter hemp protein bars in the fridge for 2+ hours to set.
- To cut into desired serves remove the bars from the fridge and tin by lifting the baking paper up and out. Fill a large cup with hot water and dip in a large, sharp knife for 5 seconds. Quickly remove the knife and dry off the water before creating your first cut. Repeat for all the remaining cuts.
- Store Peanut butter hemp protein bars In an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.