Is anyone else drooling just looking at this!? The amazing @geneschesser has absolutely brought our new Hemp & Olive Oil Blend to life with this amazing Olive Oil Cake recipe.
For the cake:
3 and 1/2 cup GF flour
1 and 1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 and 1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup apple puree/sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the buttercream:
1 cup vegan butter
4 tbsp strawberry vegan protein: Can use vanilla protein if you'd prefer vanilla buttercream.
2 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line an 8 or 9-inch cake pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, hemp and olive oil, apple sauce, water and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients into the dry, making sure to fold thoroughly ensuring there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tine and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for at least 30 minutes before enjoying or adding the buttercream.
How to make the strawberry buttercream:
- Using a medium bowl and an electric handheld mixer, blend all the buttercream ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.
- Leave in the fridge for 5 minutes before applying to the cake using an offset spatula.