We’ve teamed up with the amazing Emma Warren to create a mouth wateringly delicious Beetroot Damper with our Savoury Bread Mix. Emma completely brings this quick and easy meal to life with expert kitchen hacks and flavour notes that will help enhance your own cooking journey!
You can also find this recipe on our Youtube Channel.
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cooking: 40 Minutes
1 pack of Mt. Elephant Savoury Bread Mix
5 eggs lightly beaten (for vegan option use flax eggs)
3 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of finely peeled and grated beetroot
1 red onion
Salt and pepper to taste
This bread serves amazingly with fried salt bush and hemp butter
We also recommend serving the damper with radish and dill salad, rocket, goats cheese or toasted with a drizzle of honey
If you don't have a cast iron pot, use a fully lined 20cm springform cake tin to substitute
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C (200 fan forced).
- Place empty heavy-based, oven-proof pot (20cm) with the lid on for 20 minutes
- Combine eggs, vinegar and oil in a large bowl. Gradually rain in bread mix, stirring until well combined
- Fold through grated beetroot and onion
- Cut a piece of parchment paper that will roughly fit the base of pot
- Remove heavy-based pot from oven and carefully place prepared paper into base of pot
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 conventional (180 fan forced)
- Pour in bread mixture, replace the lid to cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and return to oven, uncovered for a further 40 minutes.
- Take the bread out of oven and transfer loaf out of pot onto a baking rack to cool
- Slice when cool enough to touch and serve with fresh ricotta, walnuts and salt and pepper to taste. Add a drizzle of honey for extra decadence