This recipe was created by the talented Gené Schesser (@ geneschesser)
This caramel slice is the perfect weekend snack! Taking less than an hour to make, this slice is jam packed with flavour and is naturally gluten free!
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup chopped blanched hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup vegan choc
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
How to make:
1. Line a loaf tin and set it aside.
2. Make the base layer by adding the protein ball mix and the hot water to a food processor. Blend until it forms an easily malleable consistency.
3. Pat the base layer into the loaf tin, ensuring it's nice and even. Place in the fridge while making the caramel.
4. In a large bowl, combine all caramel ingredients (except the hazelnuts). Fold through the hazelnuts once everything is combined.
5. Pour the caramel on top of the base. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until the caramel is slightly firm to touch.
6. Make the chocolate layer by melting the chocolate and coconut oil together, either in the microwave or stovetop. Pour the chocolate on top of the firm caramel layer and set for a further 15 minutes.
7. Once set, slice and enjoy!