Gluten-free, dairy -free, and vegan (opt)
2 eggs, or 2 flax eggs for vegan option
60ml extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
1 packet Mt Elephant Choc Chunk Wholefoods Brownie mix
1/4 cup plant-based or dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sliced frozen banana
Opt: additional dark chocolate to serve
Nut butter caramel:
2 tablespoons almond or preferred nut butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons plant-based or dairy milk
- Heat oven to 170C and line a 20cm square cake tin with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add Mt Elephant Choc Chunk Wholefoods Brownie and mix.
- Pour into lined tin and place in oven to cook for 17 minutes.
- Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When almost ready to serve, portion two pieces from the brownie and slice again through the middle to split, ready for the nice cream.
- Make the nut butter caramel by whisking the nut butter, maple and milk together in a bowl until creamy.
- Blend the nice cream by placing the plant milk and vanilla in the base of a high-powered blender or food processor, followed by the frozen banana slices.
- Blend until creamy and with a gelato-like consistency.
- Pop brownie onto plates, dollop or smudge some nut butter around the edge of the plate if you wish, then scoop nice cream onto the base layer of the brownie sandwich.
- Top with remaining piece of brownie and serve with some grated chocolate.